Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Visual Sensory Poem

"The Utility Room Of Shame!" by Robert Kallend

In the room by myself I sit,
Alone and friendless, as if in a bottomless pit.
The darkness around me taking much of the air,
As I contemplate life, my endless despair.
No sighs but of my breathing, no tears but of my shedding,
Oh, how for morning. That time. I'm dreading.
What I have done was then so easy,
Now in my head it spins so dizzy.

I look around and can feel my humility,
Seeping about me in this room of utility.
The churning of the washing machine, the fluorescent light that flickers,
That noise, that constant noise. At me the room, it snickers.
Grasping the sink as a final resort,
I swirl, I sway as I cling for support.
Clasping the tap in brutal force,
Out comes the water, that liquid blue source.

Drowning my head to ease the sorrow,
I hope to forgive myself as today becomes tomorrow.
Lying on the floor I begin to regress,
The pain, this feeling, known simply as stress.
I can no longer cope and this is the end,
My mind it's broken. Not on the mend.
All because I played with fire,
Now to which I can't transpire.
The fateful thing that was once a game,
Now eating me up, in the Utility Room of Shame!

1 comment: