Thursday, April 28, 2011

Of Salt Breeze and Sea Glass

My heart belongs to breezy days
and showers of sea salt
that fall on my face
from the force of the wind
as it carries the waves precariously close
to my feet, frozen with cold,
the same feet that search for sea glass
and alert me to the precious finding of a piece,
each capturing an ever evasive color:
a palest pink - nearly white,
deep green, evoking the depths of the ocean
followed by brown, barely found amongst sea weed
and hopefully a blue piece peeking out of the sand,
a simple sliver of glass
so eagerly sought each morning
as the devoted dutifully scour the beach,
but stumbled upon by only the unsuspecting novice,
much the same way that words
appear in my mind,
words that are pondered and pleaded with,
simple letters strung together that are asked
to be precious and precocious,
but all that we really rely on them for
is creating the beautiful breezy day
where I fell in love with looking for sea glass
and feeling sea salt showers against my face.

Based on "Blackberry Eating"

1 comment:

  1. Strong, descriptive word choice and well-placed alliteration give this a great rhythm.

    ReplyDelete