Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summertime- Narrative Poem

I miss dancing around in our summer skin,
Not having a single care in our mind.
We'd take long walks on sunlit nights,
Throwing away all the drama that is going to be forgotten anyway.

It seems like such a big deal at the moment,
But you know
When you look back you'll be laughing.
But when there's so many things bouncing around in our minds,
it's hard to separate what really matters
from what is complete nonsense.

Somehow it entertains me.
In the summer you can carelessly care about things
Because in the end nothing truly matters enough.
Summer gives us warmth in our souls,
And junk within our brains.
Yet everyone adores it.

Anything can make a laugh burst into the air,
Especially when it's least expected.
Bikinis and tan lines,
Memories and true friends,
Summer brings things we remember till the end.

Seperate me from school
and this craziness that has consumed my mind.
I miss you summer,
Bring me summertime.

3 comments:

  1. Galatea, this is a beautifully imagistic poem. I would suggest you look at it as more of a lyric poem, though. It meditates on the topic of summer rather than telling one specific story (moment in time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beginning and end of this poem. The whole thing really makes me want summer! I also really like the rhyming scheme in the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem was by far my favorite on the blog. I really liked it since the word choice and flow fit together perfectly. I agree Narcissus, I want summer too! This little moment in summer seems perfect and would something that everyone would want to happen to them. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete