Friday, April 29, 2011

Poem

I'm walking down the path of life
I feel the chilling winds of strife
I taste the bitter pill of pain
Sometimes I feel I'm going insane
I call for help but no one hears
Have they no heart, or even ears?
I look for you, but you're not there
I think I've searched most everywhere
Are you there? Can you be found?
Or are you no longer around?
I need your help, I need a friend
I need someone a hand to lend
You must be near I smell perfume
The one you left inside my room
So pleasant and so very sweet
Always a delightful treat
I'm already feeling a tinge of hope
I think I'll throw away that rope
I'm no quitter, I am strong
God gave me life, I'll live it long
I'll get through this, I have before
It's not time to slam the door
I live. I love. I laugh. I'm free.
I feel. I hope. I am. Join me.

4 comments:

  1. The 2-word sentences create a nice rhyming couplet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really good job writing this poem. It flows perfectly because of all the rhyming and it is very creatively written. If you don't all ready have a title, maybe you could call it, 'Path of Life' or 'Tinge of Happiness'. I think you could pick almost any little phrase from it and it would work well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is so good. It flows perfectly becuase of the rhyming words; I like your rhyme scheam. I also like this poem because I think you describe something that everyone feels at one point;no matter who reads this, they can relate to it in some way which is what makes this poem so universal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this poem is great. Like the others have said, the rhyming makes it flow beautifully. I like how you asked questions, making the reader really think. I also love the last two lines; a great ending!

    ReplyDelete