Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Artemis Bio


I am Artemis, Greek goddess of the hunt. I drive the moon chariot across the night sky, just as my twin brother, Apollo, drives the sun chariot across the daytime sky. I was born of the Titan Leto and Zeus, king of the Olympians. His wife, Hera, in her eternal jealousy, cursed my mother so that she could not give birth on land. Leto luckily found an island that was not attached to the ocean floor, and therefore not considered land. I was born a full day before my brother, and acted as a midwife for him. This is why I am also the goddess of childbirth. Even so, I do not have any of my own children; I swore off men from the first. I am known as a protector of animals and children. I travel with a group of immortal nymphs, who are my followers. I do not hesitate to kill when justice is not upheld. Do not cross me if you wish to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment