Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Antigone Bio


Hello I'm Antigone. I am the daughter of King Oedipus of Thebes and his mother-wife Jocaste. My father had blinded himself and been exiled from Thebes after he revealed that he was the husband of his mother, the killer of my grandfather, and the half brother of his children. I went with my poor father to Colonus, where he died.After my father died, I returned to Thebes to find my brothers Eteocles and Polynices fighting over the throne. Once my brothers had killed each other, Creon, who had taken over the crown and had supported Eteocles, refused to allow Polynices to have a proper burial. I defied the king and buried my brother. Creon punished me and ordered me to be in confinement, where I contemplated suicide. What Creon didn’t know that his son Haemon loved me and was willing to die beside me.

2 comments:

  1. "Antigone" is my favorite Greek tragedy. I suggest everyone read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antigone, your life story is very interesting! As I was doing this project I wondered how you would turn out because your parents marriage was so messed up! This was a well-written bio and it was simple and to the point. Good work daughter!

    ReplyDelete