Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cleopatra Biography


Hi! You probably already know me since I am the Greek queen and last pharaoh of ancient Egypt, but if you don't, I'm Cleopatra VII Philopator! I am a part of the Ptolemaic dynasty, which is the royal Greek family who ruled Egypt after the death of Alexander the Great during the Hellenistic period. Originally, I ruled with my father, Ptolemy XII Auletes and then later, I ruled with my brothers, Ptolemy XIII and Ptolemy XIV. As a pharaoh, I consummated a liasion with Julius Caesar. This helped me keep my grip on the throne! I later elevated with my son, Caesar, Caesarion, to co-ruler in name. But unfortunately, after Caesar's assasination, I sided with Mark Anthony. I had twins with Anthony, Cleopatra Selene II and Alexander Helios, and another son, Ptolemy Philadelphus. We lost the Battle of Acitum to Octavian's forces and Anthony had commited suicide. I followed in his footsteps and killed myself by means of an asp bite on August 12, 30 BC.

2 comments:

  1. Good job in creating a voice. Maybe too many exclamation points though? Try not to use them after every sentance. Informative also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the exclamation points! They get to be a bit much! Why are you yelling?! Oops! :)

    ReplyDelete