Monday, February 7, 2011

Pygmalion


My name is Pygmalion and I am a talented sculptor in ancient Greece. I love my work and I can spend hours carving a statue. Once, I built a beautiful statue of a woman and I named her Galatea. She was so beautiful that I clothed her and gave her jewels, talked to her everyday, and brought her gifts. Woman did in fact like me, but I never paid any attention to them. I became so disgusted with all the local prostitutes that I began falling in love with Galatea. She was perfect and I started to believe she was more than just a statue. I went to visit Aphrodite and she was charmed by my creation, and she brought it to life. Soon after, Galatea and I got married and throughout our life we brought gifts to Aphrodite's temple and she blessed us with love and happiness in return.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's cool at least Pygmalion got a happy ending in your story. It's also a little weird that he fell in love with a statue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pyramus, check your sentence structure!

    ReplyDelete