Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dido Bio




Hello! My name is Dido and I am the founder and Queen of the city of Carthrage. Cathrage is a city in North Africa that was very prosperous. I am the daughter of Belus the king of Tyre. My husband,Sychaeus, was killed by my power hungry brother, Pygmalion. This led me to run away, and establish Carthrage. Some people seem to think that while ruling Carthrage, I fell in love with the Trojan War leader, Aeneas. I will not confirm or deny our relationship at this time. There seem to be two theorys people hold as to how and why I killed myself. Some say it was because Aeneas left me and I was so emotinally scared that I decided life was over. Others specualte that a fellow leader threatened war against Carthrage if I did not marry him, and I did not want to marry him. Some people think I burned myself, while others prefer that I stabbed myself in the comfort of my people. Lovley isn't it.

1 comment:

  1. I am learning about Carthage and Aeneas in latin so it was fun to learn more about them! I am also surprised that the founder of such a great city was a woman. I would have liked to hear more voice in the blog and more about Dido's personality. Other than that, everything was good!

    ReplyDelete