Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daedalus Bio

I am: a craftsman, an inventor, a murderer, and an innovator. I am Daedalus. In some cases, it may seem that the immorality of my failures outweighs the genius of my successes. However, I am a proud man, and I feel that each of my “failures” was a success in its own way. During our escape from my labyrinth, my son, Icarus, fell to his death. This tragedy occurred because metal wings of my own creation could not withstand the scorching heat of the sun and the salty sea spray of the ocean. Fortunately, my pair of wings survived. As much as it pains me to lose my only son, I had still managed to construct a set of metal wings that were capable of keeping a grown man aloft as he flew across the ocean. In the end, I even donated the wings to Apollo: god of the skies.

Speaking of fatal falls, I did not propel my nephew, Perdix, off of the Acropolis in Athens. Perdix took credit for my invention of the saw and was possibly even more intelligent than I. I am not so proud that I would push a young boy off of a cliff. Nor, do I have a guilty conscience. Why would you think that?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Daedalus,
    I think your bio was quite well written. I really like the way the sentences transition very nicely - it makes it easy to understand. The only thing I think could make it better is if it sounded more personal. Although it is written in first person, it sounds like a strangers opinion about Daedalus.

    ReplyDelete