Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Adonis Bio


Hello, I am Adonis. It is nice to meet you. I am going to tell you a bit about myself...
When I was younger I was put in a chest and given away to the underworld to be taken care of by Persephone. I can thank Aphrodite for this. She did it because I was so beautiful. Although neither of them were my mother, they took care of me and I did not spend my life with my mother, Smyrna or my father, who was Smyrna's father as well. When I was with Persephone she was so charmed by my beauty (I don't meant to brag...) that she never gave me back to Aphrodite. She was in love with me, just like Venus, the goddess of love was.
For everything to be fair, Zeus said I must divide the year into three parts and spend four months with Persephone, four months with Aphrodite, and the other four by myself. The months by myself I also spent with Aphrodite. I loved hunting. Aphrodite and I hunted together often. Hunting led to my death though. One day when I was out with Aphrodite, I was killed by a wild boar. Be careful when you are out hunting! People say I am the symbol of male beauty..I can't disagree with that though. I even have festival called "gardens of Adonis"! I can thank the many women who are my worshipers for this.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Adonis,
    It is nice to meet you too. Your story is quite interesting. How did you ever manage to be split up from the ones you love months at a time? I learned a valuable lesson and would be nothing without my daughter. It's a shame your life was cut short and thank you for the warning, i'll have to watch out for those boars.
    King Midas

    ReplyDelete