Saturday, February 5, 2011

Circe Bio









I am the greek Goddess Circe, although I'm considered more of an enchantress or sorceress than a Goddess. I am the Goddess of witchcraft and I am known for turning men who offend me into animals, usually pigs. I do this using magical potions made of drugs and herbs. There are many legends and tales of how I transform men into animals, but a popular one is when I turned a group of salors into pigs by tricking them into drinking drugged wine and food. I then herded them into pens and fed them acorns. The men I transform all have the shape of animals, but they still have the minds of men. I built myself a palace surrounded by men that I turned into lions and wolves. It is located on the island of Aeaea, now known as Mount Circeo. I am the daughter of Helios, the sun God and Perse, the Oceanid. My siblings are Aeetes, Perseis, and Pasiphae. The God Odyseuss and I had three sons named Romus, Anteias, and Ardeias who founded the three cities Rome, Antium, and Ardea.























No comments: